Galactic Empires (Wesnoth in Space)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KingdomAmericaCMG

Re: Galactic Empires (MP Sci-fi Scenario)

Post by KingdomAmericaCMG »

tried out the new things
nice ground units i find great use in the super planet map.

bought the thing to buy clones and didnt see where to actually make new clones, or is that a new line of code that needs to be added to the file.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

about cloning:

meh, thx for pointing that out. of course this also have to be enabled in the scn.cfg's right-click-options
{GE_RECRUIT_CITIZEN_MANUALLY}

fixed in version 0.7.2

i didnt test this coz i thought its works anyway :lol2:
(not good i must admit :roll:, how can i assume that)

wil work now, right click on an empty hex next to HQ and select the option with the silver wing, then a menu pops out, each unit will cost 20 FOOD
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
KingdomAmericaCMG

off topic

i followed the instructions to post my new era on the addons but the option to upload never appears is there something i need to do.

i posted about it here

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22715
KingdomAmericaCMG

on the superplanet map when you destroy the station it doesnt kill the HQ, is it possible for it to kill the HQ but not the land dudes, otherwise the space portion of the map kinda sucks if you kill your opponent's station but they still have their leader.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

KingdomAmericaCMG wrote:on the superplanet map when you destroy the station it doesnt kill the HQ
that is intended of course - in fact the spacestation doesnt kill anything on the planetes surface if it is destroyed
KingdomAmericaCMG wrote: , is it possible for it to kill the HQ but not the land dudes, otherwise the space portion of the map kinda sucks if you kill your opponent's station but they still have their leader.
well, see it like this:

if the spacestation is destroyed the enemy cannot beam/heal its infantry, and also it cannot use the other planetes properly and/or build , well thats the "only sense" of the spacestation.

as mentioned, if you want a "killing station", simply use killing station instead

well, but if you want to use a spacestaion that is also game deciding, and your leader is destroyed if you lose it, i may also include something like that
KingdomAmericaCMG

well i want it to be game deciding i mean if a person invest in space tech to destroy the stations and both stations are destroyed but they still have their HQ, kinda makes being in space pointless. I mean its well into ground combat atm. and just making that option of wining possible. you could do something like this. if the station is destroyed, and the HQ is a leader, remove the leader unit, and place a normal unit there without the crown, or just simply destroy the Leader HQ.

Heavy infantry, they just dont feel like heavy infantry. if they attack a tank or airplane they die, if somethign attacks it they die. i think you need to increase their resistances slightly, and give them the ability dread, where their resistances are increased when attacking, cause when they attack a tank it should do more damge to the tank then recieved but if the tank attacks the unit it should die, or something like that, or even give them a more powerfull attack only attack.

aircraft dies to melee lol, even with the 100% resist the damage is funny, killing an aircraft with workers or etc. not sure if its possible to make melee defense 100% or give a powerfull defend only. i did once kill an airfighter with a scientist but that can be ok i guess.

note: when artilery destroys a HQ its destroyed not taken over (not that it really matters just letting you know)

note: playtesting the new units on my superplanet was really cool. it was like mass combat with tanks soldiers and aircraft
KingdomAmericaCMG

ok ive made some modifications to the superplanet map

1 moved a cloud that wasnt symetric with the map
2 moved an artifact that was wrongly placed
3 removed all alien spacecraft from space (make it easier for space as ground battles now intensify)
4 added 2 new HQs and 2 new stations

ok some ideas about stations, you could have stations be like HQs where they dont get destroyed but instead it just changes sides, that would solve the killing of the ground units and for winning the game basicly if you had control of the station then the HQ would be on your side and vice versa.
Attachments
Spacemap_2v2_Super_Planet.zip
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
4p_GE_Super_Planet.cfg
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
2p_GE_Super_Planet.cfg
(13.26 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok, will include them as soon as possible.

emanwhile i just made a slight update 0.7.3, which just sets the default for science research to GENETICS. that means the 2 default research points go into genetics. i did this because genetics is probably the most useless research at start, so the two points here cause no advanatge toward a certain research.

for example if tanks need 10 points on ballistics and aircraft need 10 points on warp, the 2 default points on warp simply make aircraft the one and only starting option (well probably it is anyway a very good option ;)). so i just made it that the 2 default points (or more if you start with more scientists) go into genetics and not warp, ballistics or nano

that may influence other (former) buildups also, as you now may miss 2 points on warp ;)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

0.7.4 features the overworked CMG maps as well increases the missile tanks strikes by 1 (for machine gun) and increase missile tanks movement by 1

since the version changes a unit it is crucial, else you get OOS.

-------

btw, i played yesterdy with union and got a lot of serious OOS. i dont really know why though, anyone else exierienced this ?
(getting unfound location errors and stuff while playing). maybe its because of the air transport.

the 1v1 super planet map plays nicely though, grabbing the villages asap is the key for a good income and win
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Mabuse wrote:0.7.4 features the overworked CMG maps
... and i found out that the overworked maps needed to get overworked again :lol2:

the northpole was on south and there was something wrong with apex and perl also
also apex and perl are kinda unnessessary, so i cut them out again and placed northpole in north ;)

0.7.4a
KingdomAmericaCMG

sorry wasnt home this weekend, i guess those extra HQs arent needed was trying something new and see how it would affect ground combat. what you mean overworked hehe. by the way if you have any real ideas that would be needed to be worked on the map just let me know. all the games ive played with i havent gotten any feedback on the map itself so i assume that its good.
Earworthm

Post by Earworthm »

I have tried to play but I cannot build any ship nor special troops. How are you expected to do?
KingdomAmericaCMG

to build ships right click next to a planet to launch a new ship, in order to get different ships research Warp and Ballistics to access new ships.
Earworthm

Post by Earworthm »

Oh!
OK, sorry i just did not think about it...
Thanks a lot!
By the way, this is a great mod.
KingdomAmericaCMG

Bugs to report

moved worker on first turn chose normal settings and he got poisoned