Panther Lord (EoFM campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Panther Lord (EoFM campaign)

Post by Velensk »

I've updated this to 1.16

EDIT: As a note, before re-publishing this campaign I did play through it again and this time deliberately took a very different set of mercenaries. I do not check these forums anywhere near as much as I used to but if anyone is having trouble with this campaign I do have a fresh playthrough in mind I can offer advice from.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Looking through them, there are a few issues I can fix, a few issues I'd like to fix but am not understanding the technicals, and a few I'm not really interested in fixing. Taking them one at a time:
Weird village possesions in 'Guild Law': 4,18 is behind the enemy lines, but it's in possesion of my ally. And 31,6 is within the town, but noone has claimed ownership.
Honestly doesn't bother me.
The 'loyal' Granite Spirits cost upkeep. (later edit: advancing the unit fixed that)
'Establishing a Claim.' has that weird period at the end. And the defeat condition 'Death of Tas' is below of 'Run out of Turns'.
The first is odd and the second one is simple. Either way I can fix them both. In response to your earlier comment also thinking of just changing it so that you get to carry out your entire bonus for that scenario but lower the gold bounty somewhat. This should end up giving out slightly more gold overall (which is fine, the rest of the campaign is pretty taxing either way) and will hopefully feel better.
Initial 200 gold vs 1100 enemy gold is maybe a bit too harsh.
Actually what the heck, the 'easy' and 'normal' version of this scenario do not really differ in their difficulty from 'hard'. xD
At this point, I'm definitely expecting the player to have some carryover gold bonus, especially since the last scenario is on the easy side Further, this scenario provides you with roughly 75 gold worth of free units. Although the increase in scenario difficulty between difficulty levels is slight, the difference in turn limit decreases your bonus gold you get significantly (assuming you save a good portion of the villages) meaning that the rest of the campaign will be harder. Given that this scenario was inserted specifically to give a big opportunity to strike rich before going through the final gauntlet the effect is intended.

I will fix the hint.
The first text (before the scenario starts) is missing a period to end the last sentence.
The Defeat conditions list 'Run out of Turns' even though there is no turn limit.
Will fix both of those.
Somehow it gave me only a silver laurel even though I finished the campaign on hard
This one is a mystery to me. I read the git thread and I'm still not sure how the game figures out which wreath to award for what difficulty. I'm currently using the macro built into the game which I'd think would work but looking at it it appears I was awarded the bronze wreath for my most recent play through.

On an other note, since this campaign was made before the extended EoFM factions had art, I may add a couple mercenaries from the Freemen/Pygmies to the roster. Mostly for flavor, as neither faction really has any major capabilities not already available.

EDIT: Somehow missed responding to the other comment on Breaking the Spear. I generally expect that the other imperialist leaders will likely be dead at that point but you're right that I should probably include the other leaders in the gold loss. I could get rid of all the tents too but the idea behind that change was that if the player has survived that long, she's probably won so I wanted to just cut off the enemy reinforcements completely so that she can get on to celebrating her victory as soon as possible without having the non-mercenary enemies simply give up.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Velensk wrote: February 22nd, 2022, 11:23 pm
Somehow it gave me only a silver laurel even though I finished the campaign on hard
This one is a mystery to me. I read the git thread and I'm still not sure how the game figures out which wreath to award for what difficulty. I'm currently using the macro built into the game which I'd think would work but looking at it it appears I was awarded the bronze wreath for my most recent play through.
Acutally, that one works fine, that was just me not double checking if it works now.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

New version is up.