Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.7 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.2 - a big update including 24fps animations for all Destroyers

Post by IPS »

Yo, been long ago I've posted.

I got a report that Cyclops Necromancer has bugged movement costs, which unallows it to move at multiple terrains, including flat https://units.wesnoth.org/1.16/Era_of_M ... ancer.html , while also it has no terrains with 1 movement cost.

Second is that I've been pretty much inactive these days because of helping to release Ageless update much faster, as for very basic things I have to edit my own changes in Ageless.

Last thing to mention is that in very soon I will be posting 55 x 60 replays in EoMa topic as it has been really long the last time I've played, and lots of pricement got different as well that AI will now recruit more correctly its units. So a lot of things have to be viewed there :P

Most lv3 got priced higher, but my meta for large maps was recruiting lv1-lv2 scouts which grants early map control and village dominance, so to make it more fair I had to increase all scouts (except roc masters and wyverns) pricement , as ressult, both sides recruits less units but also have less upkeep which allows them to rebuild in other ways. But most important is to not struggle too much agaainist players if playing World Conquest II and using non EoMa faction againist EoMa AI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other relevant point to mention in repricement is that there is "no bad" options nor "MUST TO BUY" , which is the point in making all content enjoyable, viable and situational, and not forcing players to play certain stuff for highest efficiency.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.2 - a big update including 24fps animations for all Destroyers

Post by IPS »

After some real long time, I ran my first 60 x 55 random generated map game.

This time, by random I got Rune Masters and two barbarians as enemies. I could find some issue during the runemaster gameplay, but first, I will mention everything I noted which I liked/disliked

1.- MDT and MDP are working really well againist barbarian magic, they do very favorable trades in ranged damage even at nights againist both Cyclops and Trolls.
2.- Cyclops and trolls best option againist MDT and MDP is melee attacks, still in offensive if very needed, MDT and MDP can no-counter-attack with AoD.
3.- In the replay, it's proven that Battle Copters are really worth their 70g price, the combination of high mobility and accuracy ranged makes them deadly for patrulling big areas, as well the map control you adquire with only few of them is really insane. Still, you might avoid conflit in very strong enemy areas unless you can kite and kill something poorly positionated.
4.- With troll and cyclops spam, it was very difficult to runemasters to recruit warriors or soldiers as it usually ends in disadventage for runemasters. Also 4 movement point units are no options in 60x55 map unless you really precise of them.
5.- Dwarven Support is bit underpowered, specially because of HIGH XP requeriments to lv3. I decided to spam lv2 technologist because they had higher HP ratio per gold spent than Lv3 Technocrat and still I was looking for their debuffs, not for their high accuracy attacks.
6.- In game, I've lost only 3 units (2 Lv2 Balloons and 1 Lv1 ballon) , coinsidence that few of the slowest died? I guess they did a fine job before dying (One sacrificed for green's leader, other died because of unluck trying to free it, lv0 ran out of luck)
7.- New pricement pattenrs feels smoother, lv3 units costing more means you have less upkeep, which means, you have more golds to fix your build in case your first round of purchases was wrong. I liked how it feels a decrease in lv3 population in both sides.
8.- It is correct that lv2 spam gives highest HP , but usually they have low potential of countering enemy units or aiming vulnerabilities in enemy build. You need few to promote to lv3 to do a really fine job.
9.- I saw that roc outnumbering can be quite dangerous for battlecopters in a fair way. But I guess it would feel worse using rocs againist enemy battlcopters instead.
10.- Lv2 mechanical berserker low XP to lv3 makes them extremely deadly, reason why lv2 price is so similar to lv3 , but requires correct use to make it cost efficient.

Suggestions
- Mechanic XP to 48 (-2)
- Technician XP to 84 (-10)
- Technologist XP to 84 (-10)
- Constructor price to 49g (-3g)
- Technocrat HP to 57 (+2)
Attachments
Random map replay 20230831-163456.gz
(80.91 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.2.1

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 4.2.1 has been released!

This minor update includes fixes for several issues + some balance tweaks. The upcoming 4.3 is going to be far more interesting as it will feature 24fps standing animations for all Summoners units, so stay tuned! :D

v4.2.1 changelog is here:

Code: Select all

## Version 4.2.1
 ### Units
   * Runemasters:
     * Mechanic: XP to 48 (-2)
     * Technician: XP to 84 (-10)
     * Technologist: XP to 84 (-10)
     * Constructor: cost to 49g (-3g)
     * Technocrat: HP to 57 (+2)
 ### Abilities
   * gave awe immunity to undrainable units
   * fixed frozen regeneration not working on mixed terrain
 ### Code
   * fixed incorrect usage= in Blue Salamander and Marine Salamander
   * improved 'swift strike' code
   * improved 'collector' code
   * added missing movement_type= to Cyclops Necromancer   
Enjoy!
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

2nd game of 60 x 55 , I got some oservations, only one relevnat thing about Tharis as I could not conclude aynthing in the other 2 sides because of the AI extremely poor building...

This time I got Tharis by random and my opponents were Dark Blooded and Kharos

AI 1: In masters, Kharos AI needs to recruit kharos banners less often, in bigger maps banners is extremely bad at being expensive and slow, which allowed me to defeat it in record time.

AI 2: Same misstake as Kharos AI, spammed toads at very poor map control which allowed me to defeat it with no issues at all, it never snowballed ... unlike Runemaster or Barbarian AI can.

Early game analysis: because of the extremely very slow builds from both AI, it was extremely easy to me to reach futher, and my enemies could not compete with me in map control because of their terrible recruitment pattern. Very defenetively Kharos and Dark Blooded need polishing in recruitment patterns, which I will check by myself later. Kharos AI died in time record of 19 , which I think is the earliest death from any AI in this testing. Second AI didn't last much longer, only 30 turns, and in this time I could rob all villages before defeating second leader.

Tharis conclusion:
1.- Their scouts have the weakest map control just after roc riders, still lv2 stormsphere spam can control very well smaller areas if focus, paritcularly in nights.
2.- Tharis scouts have one BIG flaw: all their attacks are cold, this requires option B advancement for lv1 spheres, I got something in mind still stats could differ some time later.
3.- The only Mistress of Pain I purchased did a magnificient job at early game, allowing me to not fall back too much to early againist kharos. Still I sometimes forget to use at full potential her pain absorb aura.
4.- Chain Lady pain absorb was bugged? unsure, but I didn't feel it healed her , not working? might review that ...
5.- Everything else was smooth in the game, except not having another attack type in scouts...

So suggestion for new Tharis unit:

Lv2 Pain Sphere
Optional advancement of lv1 dark observer.
HP: 42
4-3 cold melee +magical
6-4 impact ranged +enchanted +greater-marksman
Movement: 8

Ressistances:
20% on blade / pierce / impact / cold / fire
-30% on arcane

Specials
+Pain Absorb(+1)
+Scavenger(+1)
+Pain-chaining
Price: 39g
AMLA XP: 100

Pain Chaining: After the unit attacks, unit applies -10% on physical ressistances to adjacent enemies (disactivates at side player turn start).

So the unit is debuffer, and only aura unit after it performs an attack, so the unit only applies debuff after unit attacks , still at enemies turns (but that's not as much valuable). Unit is more accurate in offensive deals also poor 7-4 (but 80%) dmg on night. It's intentional that +Enchanted be present as it's weaker than +Skilled variant because it can be affected by +Magic-Counter (which , units with magic counter in ranged , is a big possibility later!) ... unit doesn't gain passive healing on nights, which requires using villages more often in night. Lastly it's intentional the unit deals damage slower than the other option (6-4 and 60% in defense compared to 8-3 & 70% in defense) meaning it retaliates worse at both ranges than Storm Spheres.

Personally I imaigne them black with few red lightnings, but idk, I'm not creative director in here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other stuff to mention:
- Cyclops Necromancer AMLA XP to 150 (+50)
Attachments
Random map replay 20230903-080751.gz
(70.52 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

THIS ONE in particular was VERY interesting.

I picked Sky Kigndom and left my 2 AI opponents be random.

Resume:
Sky kingdom AI performed so terrible because fatal recruitment pattern, really close as bad as kharos AI, but it survived longer because its ally Runemaster AI became really strong very early game. Was not really sure if I was about to win as I've realized runemaster scout recruitment pattern, which in bigger maps is known to be one of hardest AI's ...

- Runemaster scouts have good bulk, which is very helpful and helps quite much in early game.
- Sky Kingdom scouts are poor in HP for their costs, but their utility in late game is brutal if correctly used.
- Summoning was key and very important in this one game, which leaves me to think about a conclusion later.
- Battlecopters by runemaster AI were an annoyanse, forcing me to have expensive lossses to deal with them.
- Lv3 master of elements (fire, water, earth and air) are bit overpriced, but appart of being very powerful units, they map control that you gain from potentially summoning lv1/lv2 elementals is really notable and important to note.
- Lots of pressence of melee attack specials such as +Magic-Counter and +Anti-Mech
- Cosmic Eye's melee is really useful attack, it helps at taking rid of swift foot , and copters. One of main reasons it deserves its 48g costing.
- Golems rocks really hard when they arrive at time ... still they're very weak if left alone because of their poor mobility. Might consider some stuff as there are more impact attackers and golems got nerfed by new units...

Suggestion:
- SUMMONING LEADERS & RECRUIT LEADERS: should summon special be dissabled in starting unit leaders? because to be fair, being capable to spend money out of the keep with smmoning is very powerful advantage that many other units cannot grant (similar to teleport, but it can snowballs...) other option is giving them even more negative traits to make them weaker as starting unit.
- War Golem Price to 36g (-1g)
- Terramancer HP to 46 (+1) , price to 28g (-1g)
- Master of Earth price to 55g (-1g)
- Mirror Shield HP to 56 (+1) , Solar Regenartion increase to 0/+4 , price to 56g (-1g) -does not feel as epic as Sky Guardian-
- Sculptor HP to 45 (+1)

In overall, some better physical damage for sky kingdom in Master's Era. While in single, these changes will not be notisable, but if player considers purchasing multiple options with physical damage, then player will have certain discount in army, allowing them to have more options in later turns.
Attachments
Random map replay 20230905-060622.gz
Sky Kingdom vs Sky Kingdom AI & Runemaster AI
(137.68 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

EASIEST 60 x 55 game EVER.

Destroyers AI seems to have the WORST of ALL RECRUITMENT patterns in the era, it spammed only cyclops mages (90% of its gold in THAT...), which, they require to proc some few plague to be cost efficient. While at its ally I got sky kingdom AI, which we know it's terrible AI.

Started , picked Dark Blooded and left my 2 AI enemies be random factions, I just spammed early lv2/lv3 wyvern riders because of chances of getting quick and 9 movement flying to grab more villages for more gold, I got EXTREMELY LUCKY at getting 2 terrible AI's , so I had no limitations of overexpansion even if I actually did but AI couldn't fight back my stolen villages, so basically I killed Destroyers AI in turn 18 with literally NO RESSISTANCE, so I suspended the replay at turn 19th's because Sky Kingdom was already toast with such terrible recruitment pattern.

BUT YEAH, I PIERCED with LV2 SCOUTS to DESTROYERS TO THEIR DOOM because of really garbage recruitment pattern.

With no real scouts from Sky Kingdom AI it was obvious I was going to win without lossing units (ignore the fact I forgot a wyvern rider in last turn, BUT, I didn't reload to fix that because game was about to end)

I also realized that in Master's version of the era , Lv3 salamanders are not included in recruitment list, I wanted to purchase a Swamp Salamaner for slows in melee, but realized there are no lv3 salamanders in Masters's recruitment list.

Last to thing to mention, Black Salamander is significantly underpriced, it can poison in ranged, NIGHSTALK can TROLL A LOT if spammed by cheap 33g's and best feautre of them is that they're chaotic and always have fearless trait, so unlike yellow salamander, they can actually get ToD bonuses.

Suggestions:
- Add lv3 salamanders to Master's recruitment list.
- Black Salamander price to 37g (+4g) -Quite expensive in heroic, but still cheap in masters-

No real gameplay could be tested or shown in this game because of how terrible was AI recruitment pattern, which was instant win...
Attachments
Random map replay 20230907-200559.gz
Dark Blooded vs Destroyers AI & Sky Kingdom AI
(61.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
IPS

Post by IPS »

This is probably the last comment of waves of feedbacks in sometime, in soon I'ma check how I can help at Destroyers, Sky Kingdom and Kharos have a better recruitment pattern in Master's version of the era. But I guess that even a mediocre attempt of me, WILL be better than actual situation.

This post is mainly just to suggest a new unit for barbarians, been thinking a while and in a large randomly generated map, Barbarians would suffer againist Dark Blooded wyverns in map controls at wyverns being a direct counter to Roc Riders. So , my propossal is an Option B for lv1 roc rider to lv2.

Any giant bird appart of Roc? I don't really know many, but Black Feather Roc COULD be a thing that could ROCK as well :mrgreen:

Savage Roc Rider?
HP: 49
Claws 7-4 pierce melee
Bolas 5-2 impact ranged +Attack-onky +Slows +Magic-counter(offensive)
Movement: 9
Price: 43g (must not be spammed)

Ressistances:
-20% on impact
0% on pierce / Arcane / Cold (no increases unlike on roc master , but no pierce weakness)
10% on fire (to be toughter againist mech dragon, harbingers, few other stuff)

Aligment: Chaotic (instead of neutral)

Specials: BloodLust +2

More aggresive gameplay variation of a Lv2 roc rider, this depends on night TOD to be stronger than Roc Master , intentionally less consisten and more fragible. This one can slows at ranged, BUT only in offensive and unlike Roc Master it will not retaliate with ranged attacks.

Strategy: In day time (-25%) TOD this unit can be used for long area cover slowing unit, while on night it can be used ferious 9-4 pierce on melee. Magic-Counter might help when targeting Storm Spheres or Harbingers , which can be a viable plan in Day TOD at taking fewer damages in retaliations even in case of both strikes missing. It helps barbarians to also have a chance of map control againist heavier Battle Copters or even, Mechanical Dragons, that otherwise, roasts completely to Barbarian scouts. Price is fair handicap considering some virtues of having a very long movement range slower.

Miscelanous stuff:
- Kharos will not receive modifications , buffs or any kind of changes, they will get stronger as AE releases a tons of 20% -> 10% arcane res to many human factions in prepartion of wesnoth 1.18 which that will be base arcane res for human race.
- Summoners 60 x 55 will come later, not now, as well picking one Summoners AI.
- AWE working in units that are only poisonable, was a direct nerf to Destroyer's aura, at making it not work againist a lot of things that are suppossed to be "undead" or "Non living".

And this is all this post for now.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Something big is coming...
eoma_4.3_teaser1.gif
eoma_4.3_teaser1.gif (1.1 MiB) Viewed 6443 times
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Been away from wesnoth world a real while, but I'm back.

Been thinking about certain details of units that already exists, which I guess should be implemented, even considering new V2 Lv2 Roc Rider.

Option B Roc Rider Lv2 --- Add magic-counter to its melee, so it works at both defense and offensive. It might help at dealing againist Storm/Pain Spheres, as well againist Nightmares and Fire Avatars, reason why it's a very expensive lv2 that is more fragible than Roc Master
Lv1 Summoner --- Nerf ranged accuracy to +Precision(Offensive) +Enchanted , it's in AE ecosystem unit with BEST lv1 ranged attack out of upgrades, on orocia map they can be spammed really easy for massive OP early game ressults. So people be spending at least some effort to gain lv2 for higher defensive accuracy. MAYBE for Lv2 nerf ranged accuracy to +Precision(Offensive) +Magical . Other reason to add enchanted/magical in defense is that in case an unit has magic counter on ranged, it might drop their hit chance to 50% on defense.
Lv2 Barbarian ---- Too strong ranged, maybe lower to -1 it's actual value and in compensation add +2 HP, because unit hits real hard againist lv1-lv2 archers and mages.

- Also Slight nerf on RPG PAIN Sphere that offensive accuracy is decreased from +Greater Marksman to only +Marksman.

In soon I'ma be more active in wesnoth stuff.

Edit: Reason of lv1 summoner retaliation nerf, is because if enemy misses their first strike , then summoner can deal COMPLETE damage by hititng once its only strike in very HIGH accuracy and HIGH damage, which is bit OP as retaliation on a Lv1. Also if Ranged slower misses his very first strike , then is very probable it takes full damage from a 11-1 pierce scroll, which is a lot of dmg.

So for lv2 , only attack that has to be nerfed to Precision(offensive) +magic is SCROLL attack, because of featuring HIGH accuracy and HIGH damage in ONE single strike. Magic Arrow 9-2 (80%) is fine , it's really a lv2 attack on a hybrid fighter.

BOTH ATTACKS are bit too strong for lv1 and lv2 units respectively, and summoners got some bonus ressistances on fire/cold, so they can be nerfed.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

@IPS: what do you think about adding a small leadership ability to Camel Masters (lvl3) affecting Camel Riders and Elite Camel Riders only? It doesn't even have to be the regular 25% bonus - it can be a smaller number like 15% or 10%.
Many players find these units not very useful in TLU and recruit them mostly for flavor. Maybe adding such "camel leadership" would make these units more interesting. What do you say?
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

inferno8 wrote: October 10th, 2023, 8:19 pm @IPS: what do you think about adding a small leadership ability to Camel Masters (lvl3) affecting Camel Riders and Elite Camel Riders only? It doesn't even have to be the regular 25% bonus - it can be a smaller number like 15% or 10%.
Many players find these units not very useful in TLU and recruit them mostly for flavor. Maybe adding such "camel leadership" would make these units more interesting. What do you say?
Sounds funny , and yeah, camel riders on lv3 are not very useful in TLU as far I tested long ago, reason I lowred pierce weakness some time ago :D

Also got some neat ides for later implementations, some are post 4.2.1 release suggestions, but it's just a guide of probably upcoming in future.

For 4.2.2
- LV4 Chosen of Forest ranged attack is weakest from all lv4 mages, it deserves somethign SPECIAL ... +magic-counter(offensive) for both of his ranged attacks??? it makes it take 50% chance of being hit by enemy mages in offensive , and harder to slow by ranged+magical ranged.

ANOTHER FUTURE RELEASE
- Upcoming guide of lv3 gobligns , both of wizard and druid, not exact but things in mind.
1) They will be skilled ranged, no accuracy increase
2) They will have +Magic-counter at their ranged attacks, so they will bother by being harder to hit at ranged, which makes valuable their positioning on 60% or if featuring special accuracy as +Precision
3) They will gain very few HP and very few bonus HP, few damage, but will STILL be annoying to hit, which will be good unit for orocia and RPG gameplay (FINALLY)+
4) Lv3 Druid could be full heal+8 , but overpriced in XP to be adquired, also expensive in Master's era
5) Lv3 Wizard would require significantly less XP to lv3 , as it relies more in dmg , but more than dmg's , it will get +magic-counter.

Also idea behind new Lv3 units, is that appart of briding higher stats, they have DIFFERENT roles compared to lv2 but buffed out of XP mods. Usually gaining natural lv3 will have more specials and tools that are harder to adquire, but spending a lot of XP on lv2 (in XP mod) will defenetively have higher base stats but missing special features. It's how I've been suggesting new Lv3 units that used to NOT have lv3's.

Best example are LV3 SALAMANDERS , it's the PERFECT explanation of how I've been managing new lv3 units in EOMA. You can get higher HP and damages Green Salamander if spending that same mount of XP in 70% modifier, but you will miss the +Attack-only web attack on MELEE RANGE , which is defenetively of great use to SLOW mages and taking MUCH FEWER retaliation , or as Red Salamanders being hybrid mage fighter in both ranges but only in offensive , still being weaker in base DMG's / Stats if just spending XP mod to have stronger lv2 , but again, missing features or gameplay advantages which if being SKILLED player, it's even more worth it than only DMG/HP stats from XP MOD.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been thinking a while, and I'ma considering doing some help and favors to Barbarians Faction, as it's one of least used in all player base in EOMA. I got an idea for they. My intention is making them to be the faction with highest unit count in all EoMa , but many of them with only lv2 or lv3. While we still have the mighty and powerful cyclops or magnificient trolls, still players not considering this much all other units. So I'm considering increasing the unit count in barbarian, roc riders and goblin shamans. Not sure if another lv3 for goblin Archer, but we will see.

Already thing in mind.

- Savage Roc rider (Already Suggested, IN SOON will be added to this).
- Orcish Brawler (Already Suggested, IN SOON will be added)
- More level ups of goblin shamans (lv3 ones, still got ONE surprise :mrgreen:)
- Considering about the probability of a lv2 hatchet thorower barbarian that has no lv3, but is hybrid fighter with HIGH hp for hybrid fighter standards. Might be something like 7-3 melee and 6-4 ranged , no ressistances but featuring HP very similar to melee fighters.

So if barbarians have more units , then it would the most similar of what LOYALISTS are in default, but with ORCS ... being a faction very rich of unit count. Also orc based factions usually are not very liked by people, it's rare viewing people picking intentionally orc based factions AND ALSO, if they pick Barbarians, they rarely recruit orcs lol.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.3 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 4.3 has been released!
eoma_4.3_promo.gif
eoma_4.3_promo.gif (1.76 MiB) Viewed 6024 times
This highly anticipated update features 24fps standing animations for all Summoners faction units, unique healing animations for Abysmals, 3 new units, 2 new abilities, 4 new unit descriptions and many other improvements!

This latest release brings lots of new features, tweaks and improvements to enhance your gaming experience.
Here are some of the key highlights from the changelog:

eoma_4.3_promo_2.gif
eoma_4.3_promo_2.gif (125.19 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
New Units:
Get ready to deploy three new units into battle - Orcish Brawler, Savage Roc Rider, and Pain Sphere!
With these latest additions, EoMa's unit count has probably surpassed 290, exceeding the base game's unit count! :shock:

New Animations:
Animations for all Summoners faction units have been overhauled with more than 800 frames of stunning new standing animations at 24fps! Furthermore, Abysmal units have been granted otherworldly healing animations, emitting bursts of ethereal light whenever they regenerate their wounded bodies. The flashes of abysmal energy are both mesmerizing and ominous, hinting at the unnatural power that lies within these unique beings.

Balance Tweaks and Multiplayer Fixes:
To ensure a fairer and more competitive multiplayer environment, IPS made adjustments to various unit stats and abilities. We've also disabled the "summon" and "recruit" abilities for leaders in multiplayer matches. This change aims to prevent exploits and promote more balanced gameplay.

New Descriptions:
Several new descriptions have been added for the following units: Divine Executor, Camel Master, Great Hydra, and Pain Mistress. I've also revamped some descriptions of Tharis units, providing slightly richer context and depth to their backgrounds. You can expect even more revised descriptions in the future.

The 4.3 update is available for both 1.16 and 1.17 add-ons servers.
Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 4.3
 ### Gameplay
   * added 2 new units: Orcish Brawler, Savage Roc Rider, Pain Sphere
   * disabled the 'summon' and 'recruit' abilities for leaders in Multiplayer
   * added lvl3 salamanders to Masters' list of recruits
 ### Units
   * Darkblood Alliance:
     * Black Salamander: cost from 33g to 37g
     * Chosen of Forest: added the 'magic counter (offensive)' weapon special to all ranged attacks
   * Destroyers:
     * Cyclops Necromancer: XP from 100 to 150
   * Sky Kingdom:
     * Terramancer: hitpoints from 45g to 46g; cost from 29g to 28g
     * Master of Earth: cost from 56g to 55g
     * Mirrorshield: hitpoints from 55 to 56; changed solar regeneration main value from 3 to 4
     * Sculptor: hitpoints from 44 to 45
     * War Golem: cost from 37g to 36g
   * Summoners:
     * Novice Summoner: changed +precision to +precision (offensive) for the scroll attack and added +enchanted weapon special
     * Summoner: changed +precision to +precision (offensive) for the scroll attack and added +magical weapon special
 ### Abilities
   * added a new ability: Pain Chaining
   * added a new ability: Camel Leadership
 ### Graphics
   * added 24fps standing animations for Summoners
   * added 24fps healing animations for Abysmals (Jinn and Rhamis)
 ### Descriptions
   * added descriptions for: Divine Executor, Camel Master, Great Hydra, Pain Mistress
   * improved descriptions of most Tharis units
 ### Code
   * fixed issues reported by units.wesnoth.org
   * updated add-on's .pbl description
  ### Translations
   * updated EoMa_translation_template.pot and all .po files
   * updated the Polish translation
But there is more:

After years of hesitation I'm thrilled to announce the launch of my Ko-fi page, dedicated to supporting the continued development of Era of Magic and To Lands Unknown, as well as my future creative endeavors! ;)

https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
kofi_button.png
kofi_button.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 6024 times
I believe that thanks to donations I will be able to spend more time on my hobby - making awesome content for the game and creating even more magical worlds and adventures for the community to enjoy! ^_^

Both 'Era of Magic' and 'To Lands Unknown' are one of the oldest and most well-established Battle for Wesnoth add-ons in existence. Over the years, numerous individuals have played a crucial role in development of these add-ons, contributing in various capacities. As the primary author, core developer, lead artist, and maintainer of both projects, I have had the privilege of working alongside some truly talented and dedicated individuals, including ForestDragon, IPS, Ravana, Espreon, Alarantalara, IceSandslash, chewan and many others who have helped me shape these add-ons into what they are today.

So, to make it fair for all past and present EoMa/TLU contributors, I have decided that any funds collected through my Ko-fi page will be used to fuel the creation of new content for Battle for Wesnoth.
This could involve making entirely new add-ons or upgrading existing ones. Additionally, I may use some of the funds to experiment with new techniques and tools to push the boundaries of what's possible in the game. :geek:

I've got a lot planned for EoMa/TLU - including better portraits, 24fps standing animations for the remaining EoMa factions, more detailed unit descriptions, porting both add-ons to the upcoming stable version of the game and even making new campaigns set in the Era of Magic universe!

I'll be sharing updates on my progress, as well as sneak peeks at upcoming projects, so stay tuned! All my supporters will be listed in the credits!

If you consider a donation after reading all this, please do note, that donating to me is not buying a product or a service, and it does not make me in debt to you, other than the obvious debt of gratitude. Legally speaking, you accept this is strictly a donation.

And if you like my work, but can't donate for some reason, spread the word about Battle for Wesnoth and Era of Magic, drop a comment and give a thumbs up here and there. It really matters. ;)

That's all for now. Enjoy the latest release of Era of Magic! :)
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, been a little afk a while, also this update is really nice :shock: !!!

And definitively this 2023 was a MAJESTIC year for all wesnoth eras, specially for EoMa and Ageless :mrgreen:

Also , something very odd and bit strange is that while I'm off-away of wesnoth usually I get more ideas for the game than if I was playing LOL , even if the changes are not AS EXACT as if I was testing them , STILL I know very well EOMA stuff because I done a lot of previous testing which their value is still working.

So , I'ma consider some very minor balance adjustments, specially to the retaliation/counter-attack in units of low levels that are VERY strong for their corresponding level, let's suggest THEN explain.

1) Kharosian Legionaries & Kharosian Bulwark will now have Magic-Counter(defense) in SPEAR attack.
Reason why on spear and not in shield attack, is that in highly modded games this attack is weaker for retaliation and also Shield is more intented to decrease damage taken , so if in very specific Magical Melee enemy then these 2 units will can now survive better againist them. This will help them to act more like a lv3 instead of more similar to lv2.

2) Mystical Warrior accuracy on ranged adjustment (nerf) from +Skilled to +Enchanted , Lv2 XP from 110 to 105
Mystical warrior is an over-equiped Lv2 unit that is VERY UNDERRATED by majority of players. By Over-equiped I mean, it has TOO MANY GOOD FEATURES for a lv2 unit !!! So I'm nerfing just a bit their ranged, in compensation, they require bit less XP to lv3 which will be most likely more wanted by players.

3) Sky Guardian ranged accuracy adjustmetn from +Skilled to +Enchanted. This will nerf them in their ranged retaliation, specially if enemy is at 30% or lower defense or if having magic-counter ranged. Sky Guardian ranged HITS hard specially if Veteran trait at massive 14-3 secret on DAY time .... Mirror Shield ranged attack is unchanged.

4) Magical Eye ranged accuracy adjusted from +Precision to +Precision(offensive) +Enchanted. They are the strongest lv0 in any era, so a 1/4 less accuracy while defending is acceptable.

5) Battle Eye ranged accuracy adjusted from +Precision to +Precision(offensive) +Magical. This nerf is significant only if enemy ranged has +Magic-counter . Cosmic Eye attacks is unchanged, as previously it was severely nerfed which showed GOOD ressults.

6) Summons Master melee will now have +Skilled too. This is actually a buff because he was having lower hit chances againist very specific melee than his lv3, so he needs +Skilled bonus in his melee attacks. Usually magical will be used most of time, but he can bypass magic-counter thanks to Skilled.

7) Black Orb melee accuracy decrease to +Enchanted. Very small nerf compared to lv0 Magic eyes. Will leave Dark Observer unchanged for now.

Not sure about terramancer, will still look into it . But idea on the unit is to be an optional advancement of Elementalist, so Strong/Resilient ones can be very good Terramancers, they also are faster than average unit because of better movement costs and are as ressistant as a dwarf ... so they don't need full lv2 hybrid damages.

Later I suggest more new unit ideas, but this post is about mentioning certain balance tweaks.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been thinking a while during this days, and I think I got some other ideas to suggest regards balance changes.

1) Blood Warrior melee attack increase from 8-2 to 9-2 and now will have +Frist-strike
Compared to new unit brawler, this is far bit inferior, and this unit is inteded to be the canonic patch of lv1. Human can easily exploit the fury special againist AI opponents and also, sometimes, even to enemy human opponents.

2) Remove split fire in Goblin Raider.
It has net attack and split-feature being only in lv3 saurian assasin just to keep them more different each other. This make easier suggesting new lv3 option B unit.

3) Goblin Assasin will now gain +Magic-counter in melee.
So it can be more nasty to kill by certain melee enemies.

4) Barbarian ranged damage from 7-2 to 6-2 ; HP from 54 to 55 , XP from 72 to 70
They hit 9-2 on night, which is a lot of dmg, in compensation , 1 more HP and 2 less XP to advance.

5) Terramancer will now have +Magic-cunter(defense) in MELEE
It now is more annoying to deal for nightmares/fire elementals and magic melee. This helps at dealing with Lv2/Lv3 hidden faces nerfs.

6) Master of Earth will now have +Magic-counter in MELEE
This helps a bit, as it has poor offensive as lv3 unit , it also has poor damage gain on melee on lv3.

7) Elite Camel Rider XP from 95 to 88
They need this buff, I don't know why they require so much XP to lv3. It also helps in TLU.

8 ) Camel Master melee will now have +Magic-counter(offensive) , ranged damage decrease to 14-2

9) Chaos Hydra HP to 80 (+2)
Very minor buff, consdering many other things got buffed.

10) Great Witch XP from 100 to 93
It's just more fun leveling units faster, it also consumes a lot of XP to lv3.

11) Pain Mistress XP from 95 to 90
It was very situational if it was worth leveling her or not, so let's buff XP values.

12) All lv3 Matriarchs (Except pain) AMLA XP increase from 150 to 166.
They're powerful lv3 units, so they are okay with AMLA XP nerfs. Certain attacks and features scales really OP with +1 dmg's from veteran.

NEW UNIT: Lv3 Goblin Sentinel
HP: 54
Movement: 5
6-3 pierce melee +poison +magic-counter
8-4 pierce ranged +first-strike +poison +marksman +magic-counter
9-2 pierce ranged +skilled +poison +split-fire
AMLA XP: 150
Price: 48g

Features:
65% defense on castle/village/mountains

This other option is a more passive-aggresive defender , that uses its poisoned bolts at BOTH ranges :shock: , while in melee range not being so accurate or strong, posion feature still bothers a lot. This unit is also +Magic-counter in BOTH ranges, so this unit in high defense is very agile defender that features 65% in some terrains and also improved magic evasion. Despite of the lot of virtues it has, it losses the option of being slowing ranged in offensive/defense and it also moves 1 less than all other goblins for a gain of 2 HP that is not that much but helps in garrisons. This unit steals the previous split-fire on the goblin raider but getting a better version of it ... and at being a bonus attack this one will not have +magic-counter nor +first-strike , so in certain situations the unit will not try to use the bonus defensive accuracy in prior of defensive +magic-counter on ranged.

Mysical Warrior & Sky Guardian nerfs are justified, they got buffed really much in older times, getting +magic-counter(offensive) in melee , less XP to lv3 and also 10% less impact weaknes!!! so the payback is bit worse ranged accuracy , which allows mirror shield to shine more as unit and not just as an OP orocia/survival unit.

Well that's all for now, I'ma viewing if there are more things that can be adjusted for a next EOMA release :mrgreen: