Asheviere's Dogs - 1.18 campaign!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mechanical

Asheviere's Dogs - 1.18 campaign!

Post by Mechanical »

King Garard II is treacherously slain, Wesnoth is falling into the chaos of a civil war. But what's a woe for a human, a chance for an orc. Join Queen Asheviere, crush the rebels and obtain yourself fame and spoils that other chieftains can only dream about!

(Intermediate level, 7 scenarios)

This campaign focuses on the beginning of Queen Asheviere's reign. You will take on the role of an orc mercenary, go through the key battles of the civil war and help the Queen to establish full power over all of Wesnoth. The campaign features a variety of tasks, units with unique abilities, mini-bosses, and easter eggs.

I conceived the story of Asheviere's reign as a trilogy. This campaign is the first part of three. However, it is quite self-contained and can act as a complete story.

I will be glad to receive your feedback and suggestions :)
Attachments
act1_logo.png
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
holypaladin

Re: Asheviere's Dogs - 1.18 campaign!

Post by holypaladin »

Yesterday I almost finished the campaign (except for the last scenario). My rating is definitely good, the civil war was portrayed very well, the characters were well written, the relationships of the different sides of the conflict were also very interesting. I think that with some adjustments and completion of the whole could be a good mainline campaign. ;)

Please remove the threads with ants, it's so cringe :augh:
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

holypaladin wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 1:05 pm Yesterday I almost finished the campaign (except for the last scenario). My rating is definitely good, the civil war was portrayed very well, the characters were well written, the relationships of the different sides of the conflict were also very interesting. I think that with some adjustments and completion of the whole could be a good mainline campaign. ;)

Please remove the threads with ants, it's so cringe :augh:
Hi, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign. You might have noticed that there are no achievements in the campaign; if you have any ideas for potential achievements, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Also, you can share suggestions for improvements beyond achievements.

As for ants, i will never remove them. This part of campaign is very important for me.
My art thread
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Okay I have some suggestions for achievements
- Strongest takes all (kill the orc leader in the siege of Soradoc)
- plunderer (occupy all villages south of the camp)
- savior (save both woodsmen)
- queen's official (open all gates with Isolde)
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

One of the biggest apparent deficiencies in the campaign is the lack of character portraits. I can't do too much about it because my graphic skills are small.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

holypaladin wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 5:07 pm Okay I have some suggestions for achievements
- Strongest takes all (kill the orc leader in the siege of Soradoc)
- plunderer (occupy all villages south of the camp)
- savior (save both woodsmen)
- queen's official (open all gates with Isolde)
Thanks for the suggested ideas! They look interesting, some of these will definitely make it into the campaign.

As for the portraits, that's true, but unfortunately portraits are not my speciality. Perhaps someone might be willing to help me with that in the future.
My art thread
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Glad to help! I don't have many ideas for campaign development yet, but since the Wesnoth army has ogres in their troops (for example, in Heir to the Throne) and ogres are known for their uncouth and savage behavior I propose a scenario where Bazur besieges an ogre rallying point. The recruited ogres started fighting among themselves and with humans. Bazur's task is to restore order to the place and rescue Isolde who stayed at the rallying point (conducting an inspection). In the first scenario a great chief is mentioned, I think he could also be given a bigger role in the campaign. It would also perhaps give an opportunity for some scenarios back in the north.
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

holypaladin wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 5:48 pm Glad to help! I don't have many ideas for campaign development yet, but since the Wesnoth army has ogres in their troops (for example, in Heir to the Throne) and ogres are known for their uncouth and savage behavior I propose a scenario where Bazur besieges an ogre rallying point. The recruited ogres started fighting among themselves and with humans. Bazur's task is to restore order to the place and rescue Isolde who stayed at the rallying point (conducting an inspection). In the first scenario a great chief is mentioned, I think he could also be given a bigger role in the campaign. It would also perhaps give an opportunity for some scenarios back in the north.

Thanks for the scenario idea. I actually had big plans for Arc II and III. I won't tell you the whole potential plot, but to make a long story short, after Baron de Ferre's defeat at Dun-Tonk, the civil war didn't end. There were still quite a few problems left in Wesnoth. In my idea, Bazur and Isolde would have to uncover the plot against Asheviere, travel through the South of Wesnoth, fight invaders such as dwarves and dunefolks, and take part in the events of the Liberation (the war against Elesenfar) and the beginning of the Heir to the Throne campaigns.

I was also planning an event branch involving the Supreme Orc Chieftain. He won't stand by when many of his chieftains have gone to Wesnoth as mercenaries.
My art thread
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Thanks for the scenario idea. I actually had big plans for Arc II and III. I won't tell you the whole potential plot, but to make a long story short, after Baron de Ferre's defeat at Dun-Tonk, the civil war didn't end. There were still quite a few problems left in Wesnoth. In my idea, Bazur and Isolde would have to uncover the plot against Asheviere, travel through the South of Wesnoth, fight invaders such as dwarves and dunefolks, and take part in the events of the Liberation (the war against Elesenfar) and the beginning of the Heir to the Throne campaigns.

I was also planning an event branch involving the Supreme Orc Chieftain. He won't stand by when many of his chieftains have gone to Wesnoth as mercenaries.
Glad to hear! In South Guard there's trolls on the south, as they're usually allies of orcs and enemies of dwarfs they may help I think (if you mean southern dwarfs, I don't know if they live here). War with Elensefar may be a very interesting thing, good luck
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
Straff

Post by Straff »

I enjoyed your campaign, especially the third scenario "The Iron Hunt", really a great new idea for a scenario.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Thanks for the feedback!
My art thread
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Patch 1.1.0 has been released!

Changes:

Code: Select all

fixed typos and improved texts
added note about warehouses in S4
fixed Iron Mauler's armour overlay
added overlay for heroic units
added animation of building camp in S2
fixed objectives in S5, now it shows early bonus correctly
a little rebalance for S7: few lesser gold for allies, Delfador now appears in turn 5 instead of 10, and his lightning strikes 4-5-6 times per turn depending on difficulty
Changed exp for Orcish Crossbowman in campaign from 43 to 50
Loyal Orcish Archer now has Intelligent trait instead of Dim
Baron Richard now has the 20% resistance to fire
Attachments
image.png
My art thread
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I am happy some of my propositions found it's places in the campaning. How about loyal dwarfish guard to our team (a night watchman, frustrated by his lack of pay for some time has been out in the blizzard guarding something, eagerly joins in) and making Ulrek from Delfador's Memoiris main leader of dwarfs that fights and got defeated by our team?
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

I prepared portait for Sir Kellan

And Sir Gwido

I think they look nice, hope you will like them
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"