Lonely Era (first release available for 1.12)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DuncanDill

Re: Lonely Era (first release available for 1.12)

Post by DuncanDill »

Hiya there! I've been told to make sprites for this era, so I have arrived. First thing I noticed was that some of the old ones might need a bit of improving :D Welp, I'm happy to help either way :p Also just as a note, the portraits are really cool! Who made them? Oops just realised i might have necroposted :annoyed:
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
viewtopic.php?p=689462#p689462 Gaze at my art :D
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Lonely Era (first release available for 1.12)

Post by Atreides »

DuncanDill wrote: May 9th, 2024, 4:58 pm Hiya there! I've been told to make sprites for this era, so I have arrived. First thing I noticed was that some of the old ones might need a bit of improving :D Welp, I'm happy to help either way :p Also just as a note, the portraits are really cool! Who made them? Oops just realised i might have necroposted :annoyed:
The original art thread is here:
viewtopic.php?t=44829

Oh and I should explain that the era is a composite of several different factions. The Deep Ones faction used to be an independent add-on which I incorporated into the Lonely Era. The other 5 factions do have original sprites but as you can see from the art thread Stopsignal created one highly detailed animated sprite for the Hunter and perhaps ran out of steam after doing that. The original programmer for the Deep Ones then used some well selected nagas as placeholders. I myself found a sprite for Cthulhu in the forums that I inserted (after reducing its size) as well as recolouring the mud monsters from core in blue and using them for the Shoggoth. The Dweller (humanoid) sprite was created and animated by someone else.