Survival Xtreme Campaign

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

woodmouse

Survival Xtreme Campaign

Post by woodmouse »

I and some others planned making a SX campaign. :D We will start it right away and it could be cool if many would do it. :)
Check out my sprites!
dontano

Re: Survival Xtreme Campaign

Post by dontano »

Allrighty, let's start with the basics.
-Story
-Scenarios
-Maps
-Art (maybe)
-Others... :)

The Story - what are you planning, wood? Any ideas?
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Well I had idea the story:

The players would have been sent to a harvest (first map would be full harvest?) to kill undead in there, and then they could go in some sort of castle (second map?), and then kill undead in there. Then they would go in desert that is behind some sorta great wall (third map?), and then they would kill enemies in there, and then go in a portal that opens a big SX map, and then there to other, then other, etc.
Check out my sprites!
dontano

Post by dontano »

So, let's say that we're going to put 4 scenarios into this campaign.
In the first one, our heroes are trying to get what the heck is happening around them;
Then, they start to get knowledge about who's behind all this and they start to pursuit a fake villain;
Then, in the third one, the *real* villain prepares a trap to our heroes, but they successfully manage to pass through;
Finally, they reach the keep of the real villain and they try to beat the crap out of him.

How's that? :D
Jequ

Post by Jequ »

I'll say some of my ideas...

Story:

Story doesn't need to be very innovative and complex. It could be full of cliches like saving the world from evil king or killing a devil summoned by the evil king (f ex superstrong Walking Corpse :lol2: ). I think such story would fit the madness of SurvivalXtreme.

One idea: Kingdom is attacked by evil king's hordes and your home town is destroyed. Then you visit a wise hermit who enchants you into a super soldier... In the end, you revenge and kill the evil king...

Scenarios:

There could be only 5-6 scenarios if the map size was something like 100x100. One scenario (maybe the first one?) could be a battlefield where you are the only one alive in your army :lol2: .

Art:

Custom terrains would be a great thing but there is enough units in different eras to use as bad guys.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

That's great, dontano and Jequ! :D I am now making a map that is a maze that has cave and castles and some forest in it. The start place is forest and grassland, village etc. :) That could be the first one? I upload it when it's finished.
Check out my sprites!
dontano

Post by dontano »

One thing: the bosses are supposed to be stronger after beating each scenario, as your heroes' upgrades need to be stored each time.

@Jequ: it is surely a good idea to begin with a basic storyline, but I think that adding some "flavor" to it doesn't hurt anyone. :wink: Besides, making 4-5 scenarios of 100x100 each, is a little time consuming and the campaign seems to last forever. How about gradually enhance the map sizes? Example: No.1 scenario is 50x50; No.2 is 60x60, etc...

@woodmouse: thanks, buddy. I'll let you know how the next scenarios will look.
Jequ

Post by Jequ »

I am now making a map that is a maze that has cave and castles and some forest in it.
There is never too many mazes. That is also a good place for traps and riddles.
The start place is forest and grassland, village etc. :)
A little friendly village with shamans (forest) or peasants (grassland, field, villages) would be cute. Like in the Labyrinth of Champions.
That could be the first one? I upload it when it's finished.
Definitely & do it :)
@Jequ: it is surely a good idea to begin with a basic storyline, but I think that adding some "flavor" to it doesn't hurt anyone. :wink: Besides, making 4-5 scenarios of 100x100 each, is a little time consuming and the campaign seems to last forever. How about gradually enhance the map sizes? Example: No.1 scenario is 50x50; No.2 is 60x60, etc...
Your map size idea sounds good to me. Of course SX campaign could have a lot more dialog than in basic SX maps which helps to create a story with "flavor". However, the basic storyline can be a cliche.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Hmmm... I love making traps! :twisted: I am going to make there so great traps everyone is afraid! :twisted:
Check out my sprites!
dontano

Post by dontano »

Well, since this is our very first attempt in creating something of this size, it could be good to start with a basic storyline, so why not. :)
Besides, we can do a lot more dramatic ones once we'll finish this! ^^

#woodmouse: yes! I want lots of ambushes! mwhahahaha! :lol2:
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

i think i understeand what you mean by :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: but is what sort of trap :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: ???
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

ohh and Dontano...I LOVE YOUR IMAGE
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

EEEEEE Do'nt double post. :cry:
Check out my sprites!
Sonic

Post by Sonic »