Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

Ah ok, so you are using a deprecated version of Wesnoth. There will be no more updates for this version, even so it's cool that somebody plays Strange Legacy on the phone / tablet. I always believed that this is pretty hard, as the helpmenu is a little bit to much for the small screens.

The current version is: "Strange Legacy 1.16.24.2 - Fortes fortuna adiuvat and a fried egg - for Battle for Wesnoth 1.16.
So probably several years of development away from 1.14.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

1.16.24.3 Dark Buddies

Post by Heindal »

Update: 1.16.24.3 Dark Buddies

bugfixes

- buying the "Fencersdagger" will work now
- royal hunters - cheating access works now as intended (btw. black market doesn't care about your cheating skill, they know your kind)
- repaired following companions in a variety of maps
- desert capital trader will no longer produce an error
- reset companion is repaired, no additional doggys will be spawned, the old ones will be killed
- wildlifeskill icon did no longer worked, because I renamed everything to "wildlife"
- treasurebox could be unlocked without a lockpick (maybe later, when your skill is high enough, but wasn't intended)
- mining in your own mine, did not cost you any stamina, it now will

changes

- buy with fame options now show your current fame
- treasure box: added a % sign, it's not by 100% correct, but should get close to it
- well: loading water as trading good on your cart now costs 1 stamina
- loan in diplomacy has to be paid back, cost per turn on the worldmap
- you can pay back to a different faction to shift faction reputation

new features

- new helmets: Banehood and Skeleton Helmet
- these can only be found in random generated loot

- reputation options allow you to buy items with reputation

- new helpmenu 'Orders' to give orders to your companion
-- the already existing order sit / follow still can be found here exists and has a 100% chance
-- the option to activate companion teleport can be found here as well
-- the new orders have a chance the succeed based on your empathy skills
(aka: 100 empathy will grant a 100% chance for this orders to work)

ascension / aka Halloween

- new games start in the ascension
- added seven scary decorations, which only are available during ascension
- reduced prices for decorations
- added a disguise: spooky skeleton

dark buddies:

You can now adopt several companions, which allows you to change your dog into a more powerful companion
so far playing RPG mode, druids could summon bears and necromancers could summon skeleton as companion

- following new companions are available:
-- as summoner you can summon a fire guardian
-- adopt rats, bats, woses, falcons, seals, wolfs, bears, skeletons, fire elements from different factions

farming / garden:

- you can now grow all decorations for water
- new decorations are available too
- you can now grow pumpkins as decorations
- these now have a specific sub-menu inside the garden options
- you can now grow almost any decoration for just one water bottle
- you can now grow a wose sapling once your farming is 100
-- this will allow you to take it with you as a companion

misc:

- added bat, bear, falcon, seal, wose icon
- sub menu for changing your companion
- sub menus for the circus
-- the circus now offers a variety of animal buddies
- changed the punishment for assassination missions, it is illogical that the faction doesn't hate you, after you killed their leader,
-- so the effect will be -3000 reputation instead of -1000, just did this for merman faction so far
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Pilotphil1968

Post by Pilotphil1968 »

Hello thanks for making such a fun game! I am stuck, however. Trying to put the amulet together but I can’t get to the lands to the East. “The River” hex is on deep water and I can’t get there! Am I missing something? I have tried to teleport there, walking there from different directions but nothing seems to work. Thank you in advance for any help!
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

On your way to the east, stop by
Spoiler:
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Pilotphil1968

Post by Pilotphil1968 »

Lol duh! Thank you!
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, you have to go there by ship. The river isn't a world map you need, until that specific point of the story.
There are other ways to get there, but the ship is the easiest.

Beside that you can find the following things:
Spoiler:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Please note: I just updated the current version to 1.17 and tested the campaign. Aside from some missing images, it worked well.
Will look into the other campaigns, when I have time.
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Love the campaign! Just a quick bug report, the paladin can't move, which is a shame seeing as it might be a fun character :D
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi DuncanDill,

I'm glad you like it. Yeah I see the problem with the paladin :oops:. Hm, not quite sure was it causing this, as the nomad has the same movement type and you can move him around like charm. The Hakim Trader on the other hand, seems to have the same problem. I will find out what is causing this and repair it in the next version.

Thanks and regards

Heindal
Heindal

Solitice 1.16.24.4

Post by Heindal »

New update:

1.16.24.4 Solitice

- fixed problems with incorrect/deprecated movetype: hakim trader, cultist, paladin, nomad
- illusions and decorations will show the ammount you have
- all players receive present and tree decorations
- added some animal decorations to the world maps, partially based on seasons
DuncanDill

Re: Solitice 1.16.24.4

Post by DuncanDill »

Heindal wrote: December 11th, 2023, 5:08 pm New update:

1.16.24.4 Solitice

- fixed problems with incorrect/deprecated movetype: hakim trader, cultist, paladin, nomad
- illusions and decorations will show the ammount you have
- all players receive present and tree decorations
- added some animal decorations to the world maps, partially based on seasons
Yay! Thx
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
DuncanDill

Post by DuncanDill »

Just a few more quick things (again ). I managed to win a match in the duels (when I was greatly underpowered) by constantly praying to my god. Maybe add a penalty for praying to many times? Additionally, vampires are way too overpowered! I managed to wipe out the whole of the Capital City in just 100 turns, right after leaving my house. Finally, the stamina system can get very broken ( i managed to get to -8 stamina). Thx!
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Duncan,

duells are mostly for fun. Especially the duels in capital city are very easy and for beginners. The other arenas are hidden and provide greater challenges.

The vampires are overpowered, you can even start as a noble, who starts with a castle (!). The RPG mode is for fooling around, after finishing the storyline. Usually becoming a vampire is an endgame feature, which is available, but comes with some disadvantages such as double bleeding damage and stamina losses in sunlight. Their negative luck will make some things harder, especially all other things than fighting, random loot, crafting and they are not allowed inside the light temples. The praying to gods will just work if you have "karma". So this needs to be earned first - and the results depends on fame and chance (as there are around 15+ miracles). I also wanted to add some kind of vampire hunters as well as dragon hunters (in case you decide to become are "werdragon"), but so far just factions will randomly raid you, which also reduces your chance for random encounters. Note that vampires can even become stronger, once you find the hidden city of the vampires.

Some Stamina abilities / skills are build handish without a macro, so it can be that some of them don't take in regard the stamina. Usually I set the stamina to the max / min value of stamina and check if there is enough. Must be one of these skills. Will take time to check them all.
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

Hi, love this add-on! I am very impressed with the amount of work put into it. I have a minor bug report with 1.16.24.4

A competitor has taken over a building not on the mainland map. I go visit it and "raid" it. When I complete the "raid" and exit the building map, I get returned to the mainland map but with my last coordinates of the non-main map. For the case of the bowyer, I ended up in the ocean near Swamp City and unable to move. For the diamond mine, its somewhere close to the Wine Cottage. Thanks
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

Another small bug in crafting.cfg in the Garden dialog, "pinch_of_spices" should be "$pinch_of_spices" in the display of ingredients