1.18 Saurian Campaign, Across the Ocean

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: 1.18 Saurian Campaign, Across the Ocean

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 9:30 am I'd suggest replacing the occurences of the 'Scorpion' with the 'Giant Scorpling'. The Scorpion is a smaller version of the old Giant Scorpion sprite, from a time before the lvl 0 Giant Scorpling, which has the same function, but is mainline with its own sprite. (Like S2 and S3.)

According to mainline lore, male saurians are augurs, while female ones are skirmishers.
Skaphee is therefore male, instead of female.

S3
Three drakes who are for -> The three drakes belonging to
Waklex is created as a new unit for this scenario. How about making the Waklex in S1 loyal and resilient, and then reuse them in S3? Looks more consistent.

S3 onwards
Marglon still has a silver crown but nothing happens when they die.

In 'A New Home' (S6) some things seem to be broken, and some dialogue is missing due to that. I'd rather not play further before this is fixed.

(The next scenario seems to be broken in a similiar way.)

Replays:
Spoiler:
I believe they are pointing out that this hasn't been fixed so far.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Konrad2 wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 11:42 am
Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 9:30 am I'd suggest replacing the occurences of the 'Scorpion' with the 'Giant Scorpling'. The Scorpion is a smaller version of the old Giant Scorpion sprite, from a time before the lvl 0 Giant Scorpling, which has the same function, but is mainline with its own sprite. (Like S2 and S3.)

According to mainline lore, male saurians are augurs, while female ones are skirmishers.
Skaphee is therefore male, instead of female.

S3
Three drakes who are for -> The three drakes belonging to
Waklex is created as a new unit for this scenario. How about making the Waklex in S1 loyal and resilient, and then reuse them in S3? Looks more consistent.

S3 onwards
Marglon still has a silver crown but nothing happens when they die.

In 'A New Home' (S6) some things seem to be broken, and some dialogue is missing due to that. I'd rather not play further before this is fixed.

(The next scenario seems to be broken in a similiar way.)

Replays:
Spoiler:
I believe they are pointing out that this hasn't been fixed so far.
I fixed some of it. The tiles should be working now.
I fixed the "Three Drakes" thing from scenario 3.

The Waklex part I did not get.
Scenario 6, I did not see any missing Dialog. But I can check again.

I know the part that female saurians are skirmisher and male saurian are augur. I feel like I have to fix a lot of Dialog. And yeah language isn't my strong suit.
Besides that, this saurian tribe is kinda strange anyway. They don't got skirmisher only fighter. Using dwarfism cannons. Being friendly with turtles and dwarfs alike.

Scorpion and silver crown are very low on my priority list. But they are on my mind. I think the scorpion were in S6.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Refumee wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 11:58 am
I do not remember, but I'd guess the character 'Waxlex' appeared in S1, and the unit was not stored. Instead a fresh unit with the same name is placed on S3 when the character appears again. 🤔
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Konrad2 wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 12:15 pm
Refumee wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 11:58 am
I do not remember, but I'd guess the character 'Waxlex' appeared in S1, and the unit was not stored. Instead a fresh unit with the same name is placed on S3 when the character appears again. 🤔
I'll check that out.
I identified some of the mentioned bugs of Waklex and S6.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

So new Version is up
Version 0.5.4: Changed up the Ants and Scorpions to modern sprites. Changed the set up in S6, now it should be bug free. Waklex is now, not a new unit in S3, keeping all XP form S1. Waklex starts with traits now. (Maybe new Bug he got a sliver crown)

Lorewise Skaphee should be male. Still don't know if I wanna do it.

ADJUST_FACING is not bugging me, but I changed something else in the code and I think it should work now.

Marglon is no more allowed to die. Forgot to add it in the changelog.
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

Refumee wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 10:50 pm So new Version is up
Skaphee never advanced to Oracular master, because he skipped L2 Saurian seer from the campaign and advanced to L3 Saurian seer from the core units.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Duncan_Shriek wrote: April 7th, 2024, 9:04 am
Skaphee never advanced to Oracular master, because he skipped L2 Saurian seer from the campaign and advanced to L3 Saurian seer from the core units.
Will take a look tonight.
Added it to my bugs and suggestions list.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Duncan_Shriek wrote: April 7th, 2024, 9:04 am
Fixed it, now the player can choose which part she (for now female) should take, Soothsayer or Oracle.