1.18 Saurian Campaign, Vendraxis Prophecy

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16/1.18, Saurian Campaign

Post by Refumee »

ZIM wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:22 am Hello, just want to say I enjoyed the campaign so far. Just a suggestion, I find it redundant for the Saurian Seeker Thief to have a smoke bomb attack that poisons when we already have the knife attack. Maybe change it to slows, or a new special that reduces the unit's hit chance? I think it also make more sense that a smoke bomb hinders a unit's movement rather than poisoning them.
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm working on the smoke bomb effect. My plan right now is, reducing movement, -10% defense, -10% offence and getting rid of zone of control.
And for the lvl 3 adding marksmanship.

I uploaded the new version, because I wanted to fix bugs.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

ZIM wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:22 am Hello, just want to say I enjoyed the campaign so far. Just a suggestion, I find it redundant for the Saurian Seeker Thief to have a smoke bomb attack that poisons when we already have the knife attack. Maybe change it to slows, or a new special that reduces the unit's hit chance? I think it also make more sense that a smoke bomb hinders a unit's movement rather than poisoning them.
Uploaded the new version, now we got a new smoke bomb and bola effect.
bssarkar
Developer

Vendraxis Prophecy, S7 proofread version

Post by bssarkar »

Here's a proofread version of S7.
Attachments
07_Snowpass.cfg
(18.23 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

New Version 1.2.0 up

Smokebomb ability
smoketl.gif
smoketl.gif (8.73 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Smoket.png
Smoket.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 1646 times

Lurker Bola ability
hunter-bola.gif
hunter-bola.gif (48.52 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Lurker Tree
SmartSelect_20240315_105729_Pixel_Studio.jpg

New lvl 1 for fire ant rider
saurian-rider.png
saurian-rider.png (4.32 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
bssarkar
Developer

Vendraxis Prophecy proofreading

Post by bssarkar »

Proofread versions of the final two scenarios.
I also noticed a lot of code duplication in S8. Would be good to simplify some of them, so that you spend less time debugging them in the future. (I've explained in my comments inside the file how).
Best of luck to Zanza and her companions!
Attachments
09_VP_Epilogue.cfg
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
08_Vendraxis_lair.cfg
(23.02 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy proofreading

Post by Refumee »

bssarkar wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:12 am Proofread versions of the final two scenarios.
I also noticed a lot of code duplication in S8. Would be good to simplify some of them, so that you spend less time debugging them in the future. (I've explained in my comments inside the file how).
Thank you very much. Yes, I know, there are many code duplicates, haha. I was still learning to that point.
Nowadays I would do it a bit differently.

Thank you for proof reading :)
Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy proofreading

Post by Refumee »

bssarkar wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:12 am Proofread versions of the final two scenarios.
New update up with shortened code. I think I nearly payed attention to all your notes bssarkar.
New Portraits for the Undead (nothing special).
Faster Movement in S7.
kobe

Re: 1.18 Saurian Campaign, Vendraxis Prophecy

Post by kobe »

Hi,

I greatly enjoyed the campaign, especially the variety of Saurians you present there. :D

Can't really comment on the difficulty, as I played on Easy, as I was more interested in the story and the new units.
I think the dialogues can be improved somewhat, in that I find them not very engaging at times. But I know writing really good dialogues is quite hard and not the focus for many players. And I know the difficulty of the non-native tongue myself.

I am absolutely in love with the multitude of units you created and the art you did for many of them. <3
I used a few of them in my own scenarios and I think I will definitely reference your addon should I someday publish my map pack.

Thank you very much for your great contribution.
Refumee

Re: 1.18 Saurian Campaign, Vendraxis Prophecy

Post by Refumee »

kobe wrote: Yesterday, 2:33 pm Hi,

I greatly enjoyed the campaign, especially the variety of Saurians you present there. :D

Can't really comment on the difficulty, as I played on Easy, as I was more interested in the story and the new units.
I think the dialogues can be improved somewhat, in that I find them not very engaging at times. But I know writing really good dialogues is quite hard and not the focus for many players. And I know the difficulty of the non-native tongue myself.

I am absolutely in love with the multitude of units you created and the art you did for many of them. <3
I used a few of them in my own scenarios and I think I will definitely reference your addon should I someday publish my map pack.

Thank you very much for your great contribution.
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes the dialog needs improvement, but I do not have the ability to do so.

Feel free to use all the saurians :)
They are all in my saurian pack. There you can find saurians from other campaigns too.
If you need a recolor of a saurian feel free to tell me, I'll add them to the saurian pack.