Scenario 7: Harvest

Feedback for the mainline campaign Winds of Fate.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario 7: Harvest

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Sandsculpture

Re: Scenario 7: Harvest

Post by Sandsculpture »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.18.0, Dominant (Hard), with biased RNG
6. Kill the elvish marshal leader first, and tank against enemy wose & sorceress. There can be other choices though.
Clear.
Spoiler:
No.
Replay:
WoF-Harvest 游戏录像 20240403-231136.gz
(60.56 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
SpenceLack

Re: Scenario 7: Harvest

Post by SpenceLack »

Easy. v1.18. I should note that my version of "easy" has two self-imposed "ironman" rules: #1 No save-scumming, you roll with the RNG no matter how unlucky you are. #2 If you are defeated, the whole campaign is over and it's back to the first level.
3. The fires here remind me in a good way of the first level from “An Orcish Incursion,” where you have to avoid fires that are being set in a forest as you fight. It’s a neat tactical problem to overcome!
I felt sorry for the elvish princess until I read her diary. I have no idea what the deal was with an oak tree that smelled like a fig tree? What was that a reference to?
Obviously, you want your initial attack to be as devastating as possible. That means attacking during the right time of day and hopefully eliminating an enemy leader. But I made a huge error due to a misunderstanding. When the princess talked about losing her handmaiden to her jaguars I thought I was being given an optional subquest, and that I could go into the jaguar pen looking for the handmaiden/diary without triggering full elvish hostility. So my drakes were not in an optimal position when all heck broke loose.
8. Fun.
Maybe it could just be emphasized that looking for missing handmaidens/diaries is NOT a subquest.