Scenario 9: Ancestor

Feedback for the mainline campaign Winds of Fate.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario 9: Ancestor

Post by Content Feedback »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
Sandsculpture

Re: Scenario 9: Ancestor

Post by Sandsculpture »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
1.18.0, Dominant (Hard), with biased RNG
8. Another hunt, this time with extremely dangerous yetis and
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
biased RNG changes this scenario greatly. for example, Sky drake having 50% def will be hit only once by the yeti, so they have 0 chance to die in the enemy's turn.
Clear.
Find a good position to fight 4 yetis, and go there before the yetis come.
9. The map design is great.
No.
Replay:
WoF-Ancestor 游戏录像 20240406-161142.gz
(78.04 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
SpenceLack

Re: Scenario 9: Ancestor

Post by SpenceLack »

Easy. v1.18. I should note that my version of "easy" has two self-imposed "ironman" rules: #1 No save-scumming, you roll with the RNG no matter how unlucky you are. #2 If you are defeated, the whole campaign is over and it's back to the first level.
9. By far the hardest level yet.
I didn’t understand what the mission objective of “make your final stand” meant. At first I thought I was supposed to stand against the dragon, but it wasn’t hostile. Then I realized I was just supposed to mop up a few weak monsters, which was pretty underwhelming.
YETIS.
2. This is the first level in WoF that I actively disliked. Why did I spend the past 8 levels building up an army of veterans, only for them to get smashed by an unstoppable horde of level 4 yetis??? What could I even do against such a threat? All my loyal units were max level and some even had AMLAs. It didn’t matter. Yetis have so much health, and hit so hard, that they could only be stopped by sacrificing almost my whole army. I tried to lure the yetis, to break apart the yeti horde, but this was difficult because of the icy terrain which favored the yetis, and units used as bait didn’t last long in any case. If this weren’t so close to the end of the campaign I probably would have given up on WoF right here.
Less yetis. The combat against the other wildlife was fine. But the yetis just brutally dominated everything.

Also, there was no music, which was strange considering all other levels had music.