[interface] time of day info in right panel

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
white_haired_uncle

[interface] time of day info in right panel

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the right panel, just above the image of the selected unit, is a picture of the time of day with a useful tooltip. I would like to be able to see the tooltip for a tile that does not have a unit standing on it.

This whole thing seems rather odd to me. If I click on a unit, the right panel shows the image for that tile. Then, as I move my mouse toward the right panel, the image changes to whatever tile the mouse is over, then once I get to the right panel it changes back to that of the tile the unit stands on. It seems to me that the tod image and the unit image should be in sync at all times, though I can see an argument for the current behaviour, as long as the unit remains selected. However...

I think ideally if I had a unit selected, I could use the right button to deselect it, causing the right panel to be empty. If I then left click on an empty tile, it should show the tod image for THAT tile, and when I move my mouse over to the right panel it would show the image/tooltip for the selected tile, not the now-unselected unit.

I hope I've described this well enough. I often run into this in a situation such as: Move a unit with illuminates to 8,18. Move a unit with darkens to 9,19. Try to use the GUI to view the tod effects for unoccupied tile 8,19.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.