Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I would swear I saw this somewhere, but I can't find it now.

A UMC may implement a custom poison-like status (loti's incinerate for example) which can be cured by a healer or village. Therefore, it would be helpful if there was a way to inform the AI that, for some reason it does not understand, a unit needs to move to a healer/village just as if it was poisoned.

I'm sure one could write a custom AI to handle this, but it seems like having it in the engine should be pretty simple. The AI already almost certainly understands that if a unit has status=poisoned it needs to get to a healer/village, so checking for needs_cure as well should be rather "easy".

Depending on how intelligent the AI is, it might make sense for needs_cure to take an optional numerical value (default 8, which indicates the same danger as poison). Incinerate does 16 damage, so it would be nice if the AI understood that it is "twice" as dangerous as poison so it could take that into account in its decision making process.

[okay, incinerate does 16 fire damage, so needs_cures=X should be set based on the unit's fire resistance, but that's the UMC author's problem, IMO].
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: status: needs_cure

Post by Atreides »

Crazy idea: Add events to add poisoned status to custom diseased units for the duration of the movement only. Remove it before it does any damage at start of turn. Then add it again, and so on.
Yes, a workaround, I do think the new status could be quite useful. I know of a few custom eras that have custom diseases.