Invasion from the Unknown 2.1.13.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Do you ever use the Episode II menu entry to launch the campaign?

Poll ended at August 6th, 2020, 4:21 am

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes: 12

holypaladin

Re: Invasion from the Unknown 2.1.13.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Post by holypaladin »

Little bug - mother mudcrawler don't have "elemental" ability
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
bow

Re: Invasion from the Unknown, S1 - Border Patrol

Post by bow »

My final verdict this scenario is awesome indeed, but is unbalnced i dare say broken
If not for reload i wouldn't reach argan(haven't won this stage yet, still trying two days now)
I don't save/reload for preferred outcome, i just reload with different moves
Spoiler:
Last edited by Konrad2 on October 30th, 2023, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to correct topic and added spoilers
Jacksonbrown43

Post by Jacksonbrown43 »

Hey all! Revisiting this campaign after awhile and approaching the fight with the emperor!

I am planning to play ATS after this but am curious, is it possible to save Erathan in the fight against the emperor? Also, if you can save him does he appear or have any effect in the events of ATS! Thanks all :)
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Jacksonbrown43 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 11:08 pm Hey all! Revisiting this campaign after awhile and approaching the fight with the emperor!

I am planning to play ATS after this but am curious, is it possible to save Erathan in the fight against the emperor? Also, if you can save him does he appear or have any effect in the events of ATS! Thanks all :)
Spoiler:
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Jacksonbrown43

Post by Jacksonbrown43 »

Figured haha, ahh well he was useless anyways R.I.P.

Haven’t tried in years thanks for the quick answer!
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Hey, I suddenly got the urge to play Battle For Wesnoth after 3 or 4 years of not playing it, and I remembered about this add-on campaign that I enjoyed so much. After downloading the game and installing it, I proceeded to look for the Invasion from the Unknown add-on (as well as the sequel After the Storm), but for some reason, I cannot find it in the add-on list. I can only find the prequel "Genesis".

Were those two campaigns taken down from the server? Or did I screw something on my Battle for Wesnoth installation?
Mnewton1 code acolite...
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Juan- wrote: May 26th, 2024, 6:25 am Hey, I suddenly got the urge to play Battle For Wesnoth after 3 or 4 years of not playing it, and I remembered about this add-on campaign that I enjoyed so much. After downloading the game and installing it, I proceeded to look for the Invasion from the Unknown add-on (as well as the sequel After the Storm), but for some reason, I cannot find it in the add-on list. I can only find the prequel "Genesis".

Were those two campaigns taken down from the server? Or did I screw something on my Battle for Wesnoth installation?
Most likely you installed the recently released BFW 1.18 and IftU has not been ported to the newest version yet.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

Don't count on it any time soon, because Irydacea has abandoned the project as well as EOL, and unless someone familiar with LUA wants to update the code and take over, the project will remain stuck in the version 1.16
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Don't count on it any time soon, because Irydacea has abandoned the project
I think this sounds a bit too extrapolating. Iris has not confirmed this and might be porting the works at her own pace, so jumping into a conclusion as extreme seems misleading.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Juan- wrote: May 26th, 2024, 6:25 am Hey, I suddenly got the urge to play Battle For Wesnoth after 3 or 4 years of not playing it, and I remembered about this add-on campaign that I enjoyed so much. After downloading the game and installing it, I proceeded to look for the Invasion from the Unknown add-on (as well as the sequel After the Storm), but for some reason, I cannot find it in the add-on list. I can only find the prequel "Genesis".

For now it would be the best to play the campaigns on 1.16. :)