The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Post by Konrad2 »

Another weird bug, the variable

Code: Select all

bradson_fate
disappears after S12, when you return to the inn (the fifth time you see the inn).

(Yes, this means I've almost finished the campaign. And all the side quests. The end is nigh!)

EDIT:
Fun bug in Fury and Bloodlust (24)
Spoiler:
(FTR, I've finished the campaign. Thanks again for creating and maintaining this campaign, it was fun playing it, both times.)
Attachments
TRS-(24) Fury and Bloodlust-Auto-Save20.gz
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
TRS-(12) Face of the Enemy replay 20230625-221123.gz
Variable exists
(381.95 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
TRS-The Inn (5).gz
Variable gone
(280.39 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
TRS-(24) Fury and Bloodlust.gz
Variable gone relevant
(459.56 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
DrakeAdventurer

Post by DrakeAdventurer »

Hello oh mighty and wonderful Ravagers creators and maintainers,

I am experiencing a bug in a scenario where the Headless Horseman appears due to my drunken stupor. Try to attack him with the heavy longbowman, and the game crashes, just before it would ordinarily ask you to select your attack.
Attachments
TRS-(13) Orcish Vanguard Turn 7.gz
(861.8 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Hey, I just had a thought:
It would be really cool if the player could access the dwarf mini campaign without having to play The Ravagers. It's disconnected from the whole narrative, and cool in and itself. Especially the first scenario.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Konrad2 wrote: February 28th, 2024, 1:04 pm It would be really cool if the player could access the dwarf mini campaign without having to play The Ravagers.
It could be done.
For now it can be launched by keeping a save from Inn-4 and launching from there. But yeah, making it standalone could be a plus.
rest of the feedback from all past posts
Not forgotten. :)
DrakeAdventurer wrote: February 24th, 2024, 4:19 pm I am experiencing a bug in a scenario where the Headless Horseman appears due to my drunken stupor. Try to attack him with the heavy longbowman, and the game crashes, just before it would ordinarily ask you to select your attack.
Thanks for the report, unfortunately I have no idea when I can check on the issue. For now I'd just suggest avoiding to attack it that way, or if all else fails, try reloading the scenario, that way you get a different random enemy that hopefully won't have this bug.

-- Notice: I'm aware Wesnoth 1.18 has launched. ;) (Hopefully I'll get to porting Ravagers before the next decade is out.)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny