"A choice to be made"

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Christophe33

"A choice to be made"

Post by Christophe33 »

Part of the problem of this scenario is from the map... It is so much easier to go south than north. I replayed it a second time to go north using some dwarf lords to go across the mountain... First they have to crawl in the forest and it took me 14 turns to kill the leaders (the orc units didn't slow me down much). Meanwhile the undead were all killed even without trying to. So, the South lich can easilly be killed in 7 turn or less while the time to move unit north is way higher... maybe less if using a bunch of griffon but still...
I think changing a bit the map would help, placing the starting castle an island with river on both side and a bridge, then add bunch of swamp, ponds, sand and lake in the south (plus some real land to prevent mermen to be too efficient). The northern land should have a few plain to help the wolf rider to come down such as to make you fight on two front at the same time.
Still both north and south leaders could be strengten a bit, or a few ambushes be added like for the crossroad scenario.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

This has allready been pointed out and is being corected.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Do note that it is intended to be easier to go south. However it is possibly a little too easy to go south, so we are looking at correcting it.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming